It’s Christmas time again and this cake is the perfect sweet treat for the family over the holidays.
About this Recipe
This granola recipe is perfect for anyone after a well-balanced breakfast meal.
- 5 cups multi-grain flakes or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Pecan nuts coarse chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup untoasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (400g) unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup (160g) honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Step by Step Instructions
In a very large bowl, mix together the flaked grains or oats, almonds, sunflower and sesame seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
Mix the fruit mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly dispersed, then divide and spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets.
Bake the granola for about 50 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until the granola is deep golden brown.
Remove from oven, and then cool completely.
Store the granola in a large, airtight container. It will keep for up to one month.
Tried this recipe? Let us know it went!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.