It’s Christmas time again and this cake is the perfect sweet treat for the family over the holidays.
About this Recipe
A traditional South African red curry recipe with prawns, loads of garlic, and garam masala spice.
- 1.5 kg prawns peeled with tail shell on
- 5 large onions fine dice
- 7 to 8 large tomatoes fine dice
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 6 to 10 cloves fresh garlic crushed with salt
- 3 large green chillis
- 100 ml’s curry powder Osman’s medium
- 1 tsp Salt
- About 30 baby brinjals cut in half
- 1 tsp garamasala
- 1 bunch chopped Dhania (Corriander)
Step by Step Instructions
Fry onions in oil till golden brown
Add curry powder and cook in (2 min)
Add tomatoes, garlic and half of the bringals
Add water only to stop sticking and cook down till all ingredients are reduced (use masher to speed up)
Add water sparingly to stop sticking
When brinjals have “dissolved” approx 2 hours add prawns and balance of brinjals
Add garamasala and handful chopped dhania (corriander) and leave to cool
Tried this recipe? Let us know it went!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.