It’s Christmas time again and this cake is the perfect sweet treat for the family over the holidays.
Quick Milk Tart
About this Recipe
Quick and easy milk tart made with condensed milk. This South African dessert is a favourite and is the perfect tea-time treat.
- 1 Packet tennis biscuits (or coconut biscuits)
- 1 Tin Condensed milk
- 3 Tins Milk (Use condensed milk tin)
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Maizena/ corn flour (slightly heaped)
- 1 Tablespoon Custard powder (slightly heaped)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 Eggs
Step by Step Instructions
In a saucepan boil 2 tins milk, condensed milk, and butter.
Beat the third tin of milk with the rest of the ingredients.
Add to boiled mixture.
Return to heat and bring to the boil again.
Will thicken (If it looks lumpy stir very briskly)
Place tennis biscuits at the bottom of a dish.
Pour mixture over tennis biscuits and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Tried this recipe? Let us know it went!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.